Co-Principal, Versaca Investments and Author
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Video is available for members-only one week after the event date
Marie-Josée Kravis, Chair Emerita, The Economic Club of New York
Senior Fellow & Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees, Hudson Institute
Dr. Dambisa Moyo is a pre-eminent thinker, who influences key decision-makers in strategic investment and public policy. She is respected for her unique perspectives, her balance of contrarian thinking with measured judgment, and her ability to turn economic insight into investible ideas.
Dambisa Moyo is a co-principal of Versaca Investments - a family office, focused on growth investing globally. She serves on a number of global corporate boards including: 3M Corporation, Chevron, and Conde Nast, as well as, the Oxford University Endowment investment committee. Her areas of interest are in capital allocation, risk, and ESG matters. She holds a Doctorate in Economics from Oxford, a Masters from Harvard, and is recognized for fresh and innovative ideas as the Author of four (4) New York Times Bestselling Books:
- How Boards Work And How They Can Work Better in a Chaotic World (2021)
- Edge of Chaos: Why Democracy is Failing to Deliver Economic Growth and How to Fix It (2018)
- Winner Take All: China's race for Resources and What it Means for the World (2012)
- How the West Was Lost: Fifty Years of Economic Folly and the Stark Choices Ahead (2011)
- Dead Aid: Why Aid is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa (2009)
Dambisa is an honorary fellow of the Foreign Policy Association, member of the Bretton Woods Committee and member of Trilateral Commission.
Dambisa was named to the list of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World; has published in the Financial Times, WSJ, Barrons, Harvard Business Review and has travelled to over 65 countries. In her spare time, she runs marathons and practices Pilates.